The Lyon-Mermoz Surgical Center, located in Lyon, at the Jean Mermoz Private Hospital, consists of 6 surgeons.
The center is specialized in General and Digestive Surgery. This specialty treats many pathologies: simple pathologies, such as abscesses and cysts, but also more complex ones, such as colectomy (removal of the colon), gastrectomy (removal of the stomach), pancreatectomy (removal of the pancreas), ...
The center is organized around 6 general surgeons, each of them a specialist in visceral and digestive surgery, endocrine surgery, thoracic surgery and cancer surgery.
These different specialties make it possible to discuss about cancer patients in consultation meetings that include radiologists, oncologists, organ specialists and anatomical pathologists.
The Jean Mermoz Private Hospital allows surgeons to work in optimal conditions, thanks to high-end technical equipment and facilities, such as :
- 27 operating rooms,
- a digestive and bronchial endoscopy service,
- a conventional radiology service,
- a senology unit equipped with an ultrasound system, a mammography device and a mammotome, two scanners and a digital angiography arch,
- 3 MRIs,
- a radiotherapy department with 5 bunkers and 2 scanners,
- a medical biology laboratory,
- an emergency service open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
In 2018, the Jean Mermoz Private Hospital was the first French healthcare facility to acquire the DA VINCI robot (X Version), a state-of-the-art equipment for robotic surgery. This equipment strengthens the expertise and precision of surgeons in cancer surgery / minimally invasive surgery.
In 2019, digestive surgeons working at the Jean Mermoz Private Hospital reached really good positions in the national rankings of Le Point magazine :
- 1st French private healthcare facility in hepato-biliary and pancreatic surgery;
- 1st in gallbladder surgery;
- 2nd in thyroid surgery;
- 4th in colorectal surgery and proctology.
Since 2020, our surgeons have also been practicing in Ambérieu Private Hospital, located less than an hour’s drive from Lyon.